Clinic Name: Living Health (the “Clinic”)
Contact Details: 07528 550 190. You can email us via our contact page.
Address: 4 Broomlee Road, West Linton, EH46 7EJ
Data Controller Contact Details: Veronika Appleford Divincova
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to give professional treatments, we will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. We will only use this information for treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing that are offered to you. We also collect basic contact details and information to allow us to contact you and handle bookings.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
The lawful basis under which we hold and use your information is: legitimate interests. As we, fully insured professionals, hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which we hold and use this information is: to fulfil our role as a practitioner bound under the professional confidentiality as defined in the Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information we hold and what we do with it
In order to give professional treatments, we will need to ask for and keep up-to-date information about your health. We will only use this for informing treatments and any recommendations we may give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
● Your contact details
● Medical history and other health-related information taken during your assessment, and on subsequent consultations.
● Treatment details and related notes.
We will not share your information with anyone else other than the Clinic, or as required for legal process, without explaining why it is necessary and getting your explicit consent. It may be helpful for your treatment for us to share your information with practitioners working with at the Clinic. This is so that we can work together as a team, but we will only do that with your agreement. The information to be shared with GP, consultant or Health Insurance company, if referred, would be your basic contact details and any relevant health information that would be relevant to them in order to treat you (If you prefer, you can go through this with them yourself rather than via shared information).
How long we retain your information for
The Clinic will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after your last treatment to meet any legal obligations. After eight years, all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25. This applies if you are pregnant at the time of attendance. Your data will not be transferred outside of the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
We will contact you using the contact preferences you give us in relation to:
● Appointment times
● Treatment information or information related to your health
● Special offers and promotions, if subscribed to our mailing list (you may unsubscribe at any time)
GDPR gives you the following rights:
● The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
● The right of access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
● The right to rectification: To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
● The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your therapist to erase any specific information they hold about you.
● The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information.
● The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
● The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
● Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
● The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at HERE.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above. If you are dissatisfied with the response from the Clinic you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
● If you don’t agree with your therapist/practitioner about keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you.
● Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period, as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed .
● Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
By booking via our online booking system you hereby agree that you have seen and read this document and understand that we will hold and use your personal information, using it in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice in line with the statements above. You agree to us holding and using your information as outlined above, and understand that you may withdraw that consent at any time by emailing us via our website. You agree to us sharing your personal information (if deemed necessary) with: Therapists practising at the Clinic (with your agreement at the time) for the purpose(s) and benefit(s) described above.