Therapeutic Massage & Sports Injuries
Therapeutic massage is designed to relieve pain, reduce stress, and work on a specific problem or an injury a person might be experiencing, such as a frozen shoulder or shin splints.
The term ‘therapeutic massage’ is not limited to and does not equal deep tissue massage. Deep tissue massage is effective at breaking down scar tissue and getting your blood circulating, but it may not be what you need on a particular day. A good therapeutic massage is about applying specific techniques and the right amount of pressure to address your current needs.
It can be help you:
● Ease muscle tension, aches and pains
● Relieve stress
● Increase the efficiency of the soft tissue
● Improve power, strength and endurance of the muscles in and around the injured area
● Enhance sports performance
● Improve mobility and flexibility of joints
● Reduce soft tissue inflammation
● Increase in lymphatic drainage and removal of waste products
● Reduce heart rate and improve circulation